Bed bugs are a form of insects that are small oval-shaped, blood-sucking pests. They suck the blood of the hosts by attaching it to the luggage or clothing. They can also live on mattresses of beds, bed frames, headboards and furniture which is a breeding ground for bed bugs. The most common problem with bed bugs is that they can travel from one place to another and infest the place very quickly. They can divide in less time and breed into tens and hundreds if not taken care of in time. They have a lifespan of 50 days to a year if the conditions are favourable enough. They can stay alive without feeding for months and wait for a host to attack.
The pest control services like bed bugs control in Dubai take control of a bad bug situation fairly early and spray the whole place thoroughly to counter the infestation strongly. Bed bugs are not easy to eliminate as they have strong bodies and they hide inside the cracks in furniture or beds to stay away from elimination. To eliminate bed bugs strong chemicals are used to eliminate them and the area is cordoned off for precautionary measures.
The three kinds of bed bugs are most likely harmful to humankind. They not only suck blood but are also dangerous to humans. Although there are 90 species of bed bugs, only three types of species suck human blood. They are mentioned as under:
The two kinds of bugs C.Lectularius and C.Hemiputarius are known to be fond of human blood. They are mostly found in Europe or the US. They suck the blood of humans and like to nest in mattresses, sofas, carpets, and behind wallpapers. They are not easy to catch and cause itchy red spots on the legs and arms.
The third type is L.boueti and it is found in tropical climates. It is usually found in West Africa and South America. These bugs are most interested in bats. They look for bats as their preferred meal, not humans. Where there is a population of bats L.boueti are found.
The major signs of bed bugs are red spots on the bed sheets, small red bites in a zigzag pattern, and dark spots on a carpet or mattress because of faecal droppings. Bed bugs control in Dubai recommends these signs to look out for to confirm the presence of bed bugs in your home.
The bad effects that you can have because of bed bugs are that you may experience:• Red itchy spots on the skin.
Bed bug control in Dubai suggests that bed bugs are not contagious but can be taken to cleaner homes if they get attached to clothing from someplace where there is an infestation. They can easily invade your home and breed many more bugs in a matter of a few days. People are requested to look for signs and symptoms of the presence of bed bugs more closely to inform the bed bug removal services in Dubai. They provide excellent services to remove an infestation of bed bugs from your home in no time.
The presence of bed bugs becomes certain based on the bites and itching. The pattern of red swollen spots in a triangle or zigzag pattern makes it evident that the home is infested with bed bugs. The itchiness and inflammation are the most evident signs and they occur in a start-stop pattern, not every night. So, it becomes easy to recognize that the house might be infested with bed bugs. Bed bug control in Dubai instructs to look for red spots, itchiness and inflammation on the skin to confirm the presence of bed bugs. Fly control services in Dubai. Fly control by Mr. Pest - professional fly treatment service provider. Call us today for a free quote.
It is said that prevention is half curing the problem, so it is best to take precautionary measures to get rid of a bed bug infestation. The following steps might help to prevent the bed bugs infestation:
• Seal cracks: It is best to seal all cracks and crevices on the headboard and baseboards of beds, windows, doors and ceilings to leave no space for bed bugs to hide. Tighten wallpaper and electrical face plates to leave no loophole for them to get into.
• Vacuum and get rid of clutter: It is advised to vacuum every week to get carpets and sofas clean. Also, get rid of extra items that cause a clutter-like situation where pests like bed bugs can hide and grow in number.
• Beware of secondhand furniture: If you are buying secondhand furniture beware that it has no infestation of bed bugs before use. Thoroughly clean and dust off the wooden frame to avoid bed bugs from entering your home.
• Carefully check delivery items: It is advisable to check items like new mattresses, or sofas before taking them inside your home. A new mattress might pick up bed bugs if it is delivered in the same van or truck used to take away old mattresses and furniture. The new furniture and mattresses must be sealed before putting inside the truck for delivery.
• Thoroughly lookout for yourself after a trip: It is best to check yourself and your belongings after a staying trip out of town to make sure that you are not carrying any posts like bed bugs with you. Look out for red spots on the skin in a pattern or itchiness. Deeply search your belongings for dark brown spots that could be faecal droppings.
• Check out furniture clearly: The best way to look for bed bugs is to use a high-powered flashlight to check for the presence of bed bugs. Look out for cracks if any, take out the sofa cushions, turn the sofa upside-down and look closely. There are visible signs that might be seen easily with a flashlight.
• Remove all bed linen: To inspect your bed closely, remove all bed linen like pillows, cushions if any, bedspreads and sheets. Look out for dark brown spots to know that they must be caused by the faecal matter of the bed bugs. In case of visible spots underneath the bed sheets, it is evident that bed bugs are present in your home.
• Check out Walls and Wallpaper: It is necessary to take a deep and thorough lookout for cracks in the wall and wallpaper. The pictures hanging on the wall can also be hiding spots for bed bugs. The loose wallpaper or scratches on wallpaper can also become hiding spots for bed bugs. Carefully examine every detail on the walls and wallpaper to be sure of the presence of bed bugs in your home.
It is not easy to remove bed bugs from your home but some methods help remove bed bugs from any place of home. These methods are approved by the bed bug removal services in Dubai and are mentioned as under:
1. Wash Bedding in Hot Water
In case of a bed bug infestation, it is advisable to wash bedding in hot water for thirty minutes to kill the bed bugs. After washing, dry the clothing on high heat in a dryer for thirty minutes to remove the presence of bed bugs from the bedding. If possible you can repeat the cycle for the complete removal of bed bugs.
2. Make Use of a Steamer
It is advisable to use a steamer on mattresses and couches and put it on high heat to kill the irritating pests. It is recommended to repeat the steaming twice on all items where there is a chance that the bed bugs must be hiding. The high heat of the steamer helps to kill the bed bugs and remove them from your household.
3. Make Use Of the Sunlight
It is recommended by the bed bug removal services in Dubai to put all your infested belongings in large black bags, seal them from the top and put them in the sun for two to three days. The high heat from the sunlight might kill the bed bugs and remove them from your belongings.
4. Make Use of the Freezer
To kill the bed bugs and remove them from items that can not be washed or pressed with a steamer, you can put all these things in a bag and seal them. Put the bag in a freezer, you can divide the things into two bags and put them in a freezer for three to four days. This will help in removing the pests from your belongings by freezing them and killing them instantly.
5. Use Pyrethrin sprays
To make sure that bed bugs are eliminated once and for all it is advised to use sprays containing pyrethrin on the infested bedding, furniture and belongings. It helps to kill them in a matter of a couple of days.
6. Make Use of Desiccants
The use of desiccants like silica gel helps to dry the outer layer of bugs and when this layer dries out the bugs can not survive for long and eventually die. This process takes a long time to remove bed bugs but it is very effective and they can not become resistant to the desiccant.
7. Make Use of Neonicotinoids
These types of chemicals have nicotine in them and they attack the bug's nervous system and kill them. The main advantage of using this chemical is that nugs can not become resistant to this type of chemical and are effectively removed from your home.
It can be concluded here to say that bed bugs are a nuisance and a health problem for a home with children. It should be cleared and eliminated as soon as possible by following all the guidelines mentioned above and they have been proven by the bed bug removal services in Dubai, so it means that these methods are authentic and moderated with time to provide the best possible control over a bed bug infestation in a home